The Arts Society Oxford has an active Visits Group which arranges visits to a range of places of interest each year for members and their guests. It also arranges residential trips within the UK and overseas. Details of past visits can be found in the News Archive page.
For details of the VISITS PROGRAMME for 2019 – 2020 click here
How to Book
- A summary of visits planned are emailed to Members twice a year and are listed on The Arts Society Oxford website.
- Those Members who are not on email can obtain a paper copy of the visits programme from the Visits Desk in the reception area at Magdalen College before lectures.
- An Application Form with full details of each visit is sent to Members by email normally several months in advance of the visit. Members apply online using our electronic application system. Payment is not required at this stage.
- Members can apply singly or jointly – this is particularly helpful if Members want to go on a trip with a partner or a friend, who is also a Member or if one of the Members does not have email.
- Immediately the closing date for applications has passed, Members are notified whether or not they have been allocated a place.
- If the visit is oversubscribed, places are allocated by ballot.
- Successful applicants are then asked to complete an online Booking Form to provide emergency contact details, select lunch options, etc. They must also pay for the cost of the trip.
- Payment of fees will be either by Bank Transfer (the preferred method) or by cheque.
- There is normally a waiting list maintained for trips in case Members do not take up places when offered or have to drop out later.
- Although Visits and trips are for Members, occasionally we can offer places to those on the Society’s waiting list, if places are not fully taken up by Members. Guests of Members are welcome if there are still places left – but most visits are fully subscribed.
The Arts Society Oxford Visits Team