The Arts Society Oxford has an active Visits Group which arranges visits to a range of places of interest each year for members and their guests. It also arranges residential trips within the UK and overseas; the most recent being to Madrid and Liverpool in 2017 and Dresden/Berlin in 2016. Details of past visits can be found in the News Archive page.
For details of the NEW VISITS PROGRAMME for 2019 click here
Booking Information and Guidance
- A brief summary of visits planned for the coming year will be emailed to members in the autumn and will also be listed on the Arts Society Oxford website.
- A Booking Form and full details for each visit will be sent out by email sometime in advance stating the closing date. Return either by post or email. Payment is not required at this stage.
- If the visit is oversubscribed all applications, including residential trips to either the UK or overseas, will be included in a ballot provided they are submitted prior to the closing deadline for that visit.
- Ballot method – members applying for a visit are listed and allocated a number. Couples are allocated individual numbers which may mean only one of them is successful. To allocate places a set of Lotto/Bingo numbers is used.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified shortly after the ballot has taken place. If successful, members will be required to pay the fee by a set date otherwise the place will be offered to a member on the waiting list.
- Payment of fees will be either by Bank Transfer (the preferred method) or by cheque. Bank details will be sent with the offer.
- The ballot is to ensure that all our members have an equal chance of gaining a place on the visits. Members will have priority and guests will be welcome if there are places left.
- Those members who are not on email and who would like to receive a paper copy of the information should leave Stamped Addressed Envelopes at the Visits Desk at lectures.
The Arts Society Oxford Visits Group, March 2018