We welcome help from our members, and could not run the society without them. Approximately 130 members are involved in voluntary activities of The Arts Society Oxford, either at lectures or as committee members or as members of a sub group; they contribute their time, knowledge and skills, to help to make our society a success and to support a range of charitable activities. This high level of membership involvement in the running of The Arts Society Oxford is excellent for the Society.
If you would like to know more about the different types of volunteering opportunities, click on the links below, or contact us on email@example.com
- A large team of volunteers take turns to help our lectures run smoothly on the day, welcoming members, managing information desks and making coffee.
- A small group of volunteers helps with the organisation of our visits programme, each volunteer taking the lead to organise one or more visits each year.
- Another group, having completed a Church Record for St. Mary the Virgin at Waterperry, has now started to do a record for St. Mary’s Church, Garsington.
- A small group of volunteers manages our programme of charitable donations to Community Arts Projects
- A further small group has been working in Harris Manchester College for a few weeks to assist with the cleaning, labelling and storing of 900 late 19thC/early 20thC glass slides, see heritage conservation.